Thursday, February 28, 2013

Top of the Pops Magazine Double Page Spread


Interview - the article is in an interview format with the questions being in a different colour to the answers. This makes the page much easier to read and creates a more organised appearance generally. I much prefer an interview style to an informative style of writing as this allows for a more personal connection between the artist and the reader.  

Exclusive - at the top of the page it states that this is an 'exclusive interview' this makes the magazine appear high in demand and very up to date. Audiences for pop music and quite fickle and so it seems important to make the interview look as new and exciting as possible. I will definitely use this somehow, perhaps on my contents page or cover though.

Range of images - there are a few different pictures used on the double page spread, this helps to make the page a bit brighter to contrast the dark background. I will also have a few images on my double page spread as I don't think one image is enough to balance out the amount of text.

Title the title of the article links to the main image (the reference to being in the 'spotlight' this really links the whole double page spread together. I really like the idea of the image having a strong link to the text, however I don't know if this would be through the title or through a quote in bold somewhere near the image.

Quotes - there are several quotes shown in bubbles. This helps to break up the text and yet again make the page more visually appealing to young audiences. I will use quotes but I'm not sure if I would prefer them to be in bubbles or rectangles, I will play around with both options whilst putting together my double page spread.

Image - the main picture is very powerful and dominating, the artist is the focal point of the entire page. This makes it seem as though the artist's image is just as important as their music is to their success. I will have my artist as the focal point of the page but I don't think I want my artist to look quite so dominating as I want them to appear like normal people.

Colour scheme - the colours used on this double page spread are very classic colours. The black and white however is complemented by the splashes of red, the colours are quite contrasting which seems to work well. I like the fact that the colours are very contrasting but I would prefer for my double page spread to be brighter and less severe looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment